Saturday 7 March 2009

Challanging myself to work..

got the flu.. coming down with it and inspite of it all.. must work on this and get it finished. It was a goal I had set for myself since it was something within my grasp and competance to do. THE EYES!!!!


So far Alpha's Tribe has created some very unique and artistic skins.. but then the avatar can be art. I took some captures and some of the skins needed to show more of the detail of the body, and although at first I tried to cover up the breast area, it was like covering up the Venus DeMilo, you just can't.. its not natural to cover.. although I AVOIDED that are for the most part.



The OrKa skin was very interesting and naked but even though quite "bottomless", it still was "artistic" and I don't feel as though I have been "exhibiting" the avatar body in a way that was sexual, although these skins have a definate "sexuality" to them... its just totally face to face with the unique, things which may or may not appeal to some people sexually, but extremely appealing design wise and intellectually..
I find them very much in tuned with "Pluto". This is strong but also for some a rather intimidating expression...much like the OrKa, a mermaid, a siren and an ancient Egyptian God all in one.. (Anubis)..so the eyes I used for this skin were very intense..and even though they go very well with my "Silver colourZ V2" collection they still have their own custom colours I created for them.

2 comments:

Inbar Frishman said...

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!! I was quite worried about you as I'd not heard anything for several months.. thought perhaps you'd gone away to the water, faery in hand ;)
Is everything ok? if you answer me, please do so at my email (pita_bigtime@hotmail.com), as I don't often check here, though I have to say, these new avatars you've done are gorgeous...
I'm sorry you're coming down with flu.. hope you feel better immediately...
take care and hugz
Evan

AstroSphinx said...

ahhh yeah alive.. well you can say that.. I still feel too strongly that I should be keeping a really low profile when it comes to RL verses SL sometimes.

The avatar shapes and eyes are all I did.. what the skin looks like on the outside.. that is a complex 3-D painting that comes in 3 parts (they call those skin tattoos) and these are what I was previewing..and sort of reviewing.. and trying to create some eyes that would really be harmonous with these very strange looking skins.

Another thing is that these skins have no clothing layer shown on these images, which I generally don't do but as I said.. they were painted like this.. and to not show something of the work that went into them is like putting a coat on a classical Greek marble sculpture. I'm generally pretty PG, and then on top of it I have to ask myself, "what exactly makes the human form NON-PG..?" and I can't answer that.. aside from the fact that I personally wouldn't want people seeing me like that ;)

ah the complicated world of AET ( or AstroSphinx ) is difficult right now to speak.. I can sing it, I can colour it in, but its hard to write it and/or talk about it.. (and video doesn't work for me now either otherwise there would be that as an option)

I blame the last two years on Mercury showing up retrograde in conjunction with my Natal Sun on my Birthday.. that would make it difficult for people to see what it is I am trying to say..but not totally impossible.. this year should be BETTER.. but this is a really rare thing this retrograde on the solar return like that.. not only that but TWO years in a row!

I would sound like Gordan Ramsey cursing if I could.. but it wouldn't come out in the same way.. would it?