Sunday 10 February 2008

Earning Lindens by Palentology Questions??? WTF???


Today has been a real adventure in SL, more than any other time because it was really DIFFERENT!

First off.. I got there in morning my time long after the party at Drama Libre was going on. and didn't really have a brilliant time.. I mean it was quite ok but the MUSIC, well it wasn't my cup of tea.

We spent allot of time getting ready.. or at least I know I did.. I know the other members of my party really spent allot of time on their costumes and used things that they made, found, won, edited...They were wonderful too!!

So anyway after getting dressed for the Venice Carnival themed party, we went there and I was sadly shocked about the lack of musical value of the entertainment..they were playing "Guns and Roses".. so although I was dancing I had to turn the sound off..I was interupted by my family time and needed to make breakfast... and finally after everyone was done, I went back and they were playing Placebo, which is naturally miles better, but still it boarders upon my tolarance of pop music.. maybe had it been a completely different song..?

Ah never mind..whatshername that Avril girl.. that really suck.. "Hey Hey.. I could be your girlfriend..." as if she was even "better" than Britney Speers.. I think perfectly equal.. just wait a few years.. and I'm like.. "must be calm, must not leave just because of my intolerance... my prejudices... "

So upon talking and finally leaving..we all decided we had other things to do.. and now.. its not the hosts of the party for it being this way.. they were very kind hosts and have next weeks theme as being "Space Truckstop".. so you know we will be back.. definately back, as the music must be better than this last time and I found out later it wasn't the normal DJ who is there with the group's parties.

Well we tried to go to Pocky Land, but it was all LAG LAG LAG, so then we ended up on a real replica of an ocean liner called "Galaxy".. after we got to the ghostly and barely inhabited ship.. we were playing around and then Vidd showed up.. which was nice.. when the other members of the party left, eventually Vidd and I got the chance to talk.

When Vidd left I explored the ship and finally got a chance to talk to the owner who told me a few details about what the simulation was.. and what it was based upon and such.. which was rather impressive.. I did get information earlier.. I mean they have bookings for "virtual banquets" and "virtual weddings".. but I find that kind of stuff about SL odd.. and when I explored the shops and found stuff there people could buy.. for "THOSE" kind of parties.. its kind of weird too.

I got a few free things from the shop and then actually followed the link to another shop.. the main shop of Mantahari's or what ever it was called. I was expecting a costume like Mantahari.. which would have been cool but it was something else.. I have yet to try it on, but with it came a gift certificate of 100 lindens off the price of an outfit, this was from the ship, then when I was walking out (and they had a lucky chair giveaway there BTW)... I got a message from Jade's Jazz Island...

Now Jade's Jazz Island is where we went to Squap and they were so nice to us.. it was bizzare... in fact they are super nice, seductively nice in fact! I followed the message attachment and it teleported me to the middle of the island.. (which incidently I teleported away in front of that Mantahari's shop only to be teleported to a place with a shop of the same name in the distance..close by)..

Ok so finally I found the dance place.. I forgot the name.. but I was just deciding to dance there.. stepped up to the ball and instantly won 5 lindens. (forget about camping now!!!) Then I started dancing and they had a trivia quiz going on.. it was on the topic of dinosaurs and palenteology.. which was weird.. because I got like 3 questions correct when I finally did try.. I walked out of Jade's 40 lindens up and yet that wasn't just it..

I danced with a strange young guy who was only there in SL for one day so far and he managed to get to this place.. it was wild.. he was smart and sharp witted and from the Newcastle area of the UK. At the same time I was dancing around chatting with the young man there, I was chatting with Vidd who had come back on line to find stuff..

So eventually when the young guy went to leave..I teleported over to Vidd to the empty strip club to see him pole dance.. fully dressed but still it was really cool..

when I got back from making waffles.. (in real life) I came back to my region and it gave me a warning that they were shutting down and that if I didn't want to get logged out, I had to leave the area for the next 30 minutes. At least they gave me a warning..and then I went to the Gnubie shop at Indigo.. and spent my little extra new money wisely.. on a hair that I needed if I was going to make the portrait of the CSI Miami character who is the correner.. the lovely black lady.. with mysterious eyes and the thin figure..I don't even remember what her name is on that series.

So there it is.. a kind of fun day.. I forgot to mention how many freakn times I crashed and rebooted either.. but we will let it slide.. as always.

2 comments:

Doctor Metropolis said...

Booga Booga, You're Neat!

AstroSphinx said...

...you know what would be neat? A real Mantahari costume.. yeah!! (backflip)